New Photo Archeive

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dearest Lovely Parent



Kampong Thom, 10th July 2010,


How are you both? Firstly, I would like to acknowledge your kindness having given me the chance to attend school since I was young. Especially, mom works extremely hard and would never take any days off, having the cheapest food, saving every penny so that I could afford sending me to school. I would never disregard your generosity. I sincerely ‘Thank You’ for everything you’ve done for me! I totally understand that, you have been working so hard. However I honestly have no choice, I must continue on my studying, I couldn’t give it up for a job since primary school like others to feed their parents. I really don’t want the kind of jobs which you both have been having. But I have committed to study hard, putting all my heart and soul into my studies in an expectation that I will be offered a very good job upon my completion of studies. I hope to help our whole family with a much better living style than what we’re having nowadays.

Even though I am looked down by other people on my capacity due to my appearance, nevertheless I will never alter my goal and even work harder to reach my dreams. Although, they are keeping their eyes on my ability and mock back at me when I couldn’t make it through the national examination, I am determined to even trying harder to turn all my dreams to fruition. Every morning I would hear the sarcasms from others: “….you, don’t study hard, your parents work too hard for you why don’t you give up your studies and help them, your parents can’t support you for the rest of your life. You are a girl, what’s the point of you to have a higher education. How can you study far away from home? Where will you live in the city, living in pagoda like boys would be impossible..Girls can never have a good job, just get married and look after the kids. Beside you are too poor, too short and unattractive so who would offer you a job?...”

All of these ironic words have kept inside my mind, penetrated into my heart and soul for the last few years. And in the worst case I was hopeless and helpless, I used to hate people, always wanted to be left alone. I had always have negative thoughts regarding my appearance, I was hesitated of whether continuing on my studies, I couldn’t find out the way to achieve my dreams, there was no improvement at all in my daily performance as days passed by, and as the result I couldn’t pass my national exam. Mother and father, I would like to apologies that you have been disappointed because of me. I am so sorry.

Parents, please don’t wait for me at this weekend as I am taking a two days short course ‘Attitude Forum’ that is exceptionally important for the improvement of my life. It’s like I’m awaken from the negative thoughts that I used to have. I’ve learnt the way of becoming a successful person. I am now an open minded and optimistic person, happily accepted communication from others, and wouldn’t want to be left alone like I used to. I value myself, and of everything else I possess. I am now determined to make my dreams happen, enter and join a new world which I had never knew before. I want to live as a bird where they can fly to wherever they wish and understanding everything in the society.

I would like to acknowledge Mr. Sokchea SAING and all its members for having built this school. Without the school I can never become who I am today.

I wish you all the best.

Moly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

suwbelwcorqfgytgdqfj, justin bieber baby, yqfpqqc.